A community in Alaja, located in the Akinyele Local Government Area of Oyo State, has been thrown into mourning following the untimely death of a 27-year-old motor boy.
The victim, whose identity is yet to be disclosed, drowned while attempting to remove a bucket that fell into a well.
According to reports gathered by PUNCH Metro, the victim and a truck driver were on their way to a destination in the state when their vehicle developed a mechanical fault around the Powerline/Moniya end of the new Ibadan/Oyo Expressway.
The driver parked the truck and began to assess the problem while the motor boy went in search of water to fill the radiator.It was during his search for water that the victim found a well in one of the mechanic shops in Alaja community.
An eyewitness, who spoke on condition of anonymity, recounted that the motor boy tied a rope to the bucket and threw it into the well.
Article content continues below;
- Dstv Now: How to watch Dstv for free on Android
- Best Power Bank for iPhones
- Top 10 Of The Best Universities in Nigeria 2023 – A Detailed Analysis
- MTN Free Browsing Cheat Codes
- Top 3 of the best password managers for Smartphones and Desktop
- Cristiano Ronaldo in tears in a recent interview
- DJ Cuppy has Accidentally gone nude in a new viral clip
- All Cristiano Ronaldo Records and Achievements
- Davido’s net worth and awards 2023
- Wizkid’s net worth and awards 2023
- More celebrity profiles
However, in the process of retrieving the bucket, the rope snapped, causing the bucket to fall back into the well.The motor boy, determined to retrieve the bucket, entered the well but unfortunately drowned in the process.
The tragic incident has left his family and colleagues devastated. As investigations continue, members of the community have expressed their condolences and called for increased safety measures around wells to prevent similar occurrences in the future.
We are committed to helping you with your research and making sure you are updated with the latest information, so leave us your email below to be the first to know when shit happens.
Subscribe to the latest information on Son Media!