In a tragic incident that took place on Saturday, May 13, 2023, the Rivers State Police Command apprehended a young man identified as Owate Bode, following allegations that he hacked his mother to death in the Aleto community of Eleme LGA, Rivers State.
According to reports, the incident unfolded when the suspect requested his mother to withdraw N20,000 from his bank account to purchase clothes for an upcoming funeral ceremony.
However, after his mother withdrew the money, she only handed him N10,000 and concealed the remaining amount.
Article content continues below;
- Dstv Now: How to watch Dstv for free on Android
- Best Power Bank for iPhones
- Top 10 Of The Best Universities in Nigeria 2023 – A Detailed Analysis
- MTN Free Browsing Cheat Codes
- Top 3 of the best password managers for Smartphones and Desktop
- Cristiano Ronaldo in tears in a recent interview
- DJ Cuppy has Accidentally gone nude in a new viral clip
- All Cristiano Ronaldo Records and Achievements
- Davido’s net worth and awards 2023
- Wizkid’s net worth and awards 2023
- More celebrity profiles
The suspect claimed that his mother then proceeded to berate and insult him when he insisted on receiving the full sum.
Overwhelmed by anger, the suspect resorted to a violent act, striking his mother on the head with a blunt object, which tragically resulted in her untimely demise.
Following the arrest, the suspect provided a statement detailing the sequence of events leading up to the incident. He expressed his frustration at his mother’s actions and alleged verbal abuse, which he claimed drove him to commit the fatal act.
The Rivers State Police Command swiftly intervened, apprehending the suspect and launching a thorough investigation into the case.
The authorities will gather evidence, conduct forensic analysis, and interview witnesses to ascertain the circumstances surrounding the incident.
We are committed to helping you with your research and making sure you are updated with the latest information, so leave us your email below to be the first to know when shit happens.
Subscribe to the latest information on Son Media!