A lesson teacher identified as Joseph Ibanga, has been sentenced to life imprisonment for raping and Impregnating his 14-year-old Student.
The incident occurred between January and March 2019 at No.12, Iresi Street, Orile-Agege, Lagos while the victim was staying with her aunt.
Joseph had been her lesson teacher for and during that period he’d been having sexual intercourse with her until she became pregnant and had the baby.
The case was presided over by Justice Abiola Soladoye of the Ikeja Domestic Violence and Sexual Offences Court who sentenced the defendant, Joseph Ibanga, to life imprisonment for defilement and impregnating a 14-year-old girl.
The offence of defiling the child is said to be punishable under Section 137 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015, which stipulates life imprisonment for offenders.
Article content continues below;
- Best Power Bank for iPhones
- MTN Free Browsing Cheat Codes
- DSTV Now: How to watch Dstv for free on Android
- Cristiano Ronaldo in tears in a recent interview
- DJ Cuppy has Accidentally gone nude in a new viral clip
- Who: Cristiano Ronaldo Profile
- Who: Lionel Messi Profile
- Davido net worth and awards 2022
- Wizkid net worth and awards 2022
- Tiwa Savage net worth awards 2022
- More celebrity profiles
During the case, the prosecution presented three witnesses at the trial, but the defendant had no witnesses and was proved wrong by the medical report.
Justice Soladoye noted that the charge of defilement had been proved against the convict.
The judge ordered that the convict should have his name entered into the register of sexual offenders of Lagos State and sentenced him to life imprisonment.
Don’t miss out! Know when next we publish, click on the button below;
You can also subscribe to our newsletter below, we never spam.