Following a disappointing and goal-less draw, Premier League club Liverpool has been sent packing from the Champions League, as they failed to score the 3 goals required to get past Real Madrid in the second leg of their quarter-final fixture.
Madrid acquired a 2 goal lead over Liverpool in the first leg of the fixture which ended 3-1, and they simply came to defend their lead against Liverpool at Anfield, which they Successfully did due to Liverpool’s wasteful nature in the match.
Mohamed Salah, Wilner and Georginio Wijnaldum all had chances that should have produced goals for liverpool in the match, but they all failed to finish well and Real Madrid’s goal-stopper was allowed to maintain a clean sheet in the match.
Article content continues below;
- Dstv Now: How to watch Dstv for free on Android
- Best Power Bank for iPhones
- Top 10 Of The Best Universities in Nigeria 2023 – A Detailed Analysis
- MTN Free Browsing Cheat Codes
- Top 3 of the best password managers for Smartphones and Desktop
- Cristiano Ronaldo in tears in a recent interview
- DJ Cuppy has Accidentally gone nude in a new viral clip
- All Cristiano Ronaldo Records and Achievements
- Davido’s net worth and awards 2023
- Wizkid’s net worth and awards 2023
- More celebrity profiles
Real Madrid on the other hand came close to increasing their lead when Benzema struck a shot which was deflected off target and simply struck the bar.
With their wasteful nature preventing them from having any success in the match, Jurgen Klopp’s team seemed to give up as the second half wore on, and Real Madrid simply kept up their tight defensive work.
With their Victory over Liverpool, Real Madrid heads on to the Semi final, where they would face another Premier League club Chelsea, Liverpool on the other hand is now out of the campaign, and would be focusing on other competitions.
Don’t miss out! Know when next we publish;
You can leave us your email below and we will take care of the rest, we don’t send spam.